High school senior that is a U.S. citizen and attends school in Dallas County who has been accepted to Prairie View A&M and plans on attending in the Fall of 2017 and Spring 2018 upon graduating from high school.
Applicant must have at least the following g.p.a of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
You may use the link below to convert your g.p.a. to see if you qualify if your school does not use a 4.0 scale
Minimum SAT score (math/reading combined) of 820 (If taken prior to March 1, 2016) or 900 (If taken after March 1, 2016) or an ACT score of 17 (composite) or 68 (sum).
You may use the link below to convert your SAT scores.
- Copy of acceptance letter from PVAMU or other proof of admission.
- Applicant must submit a completed application.
Applicant is required to attend at least 1 of the 2 events below:
1. May 11, 2017 Chapter Meeting – Business attire is required. Family and friends are welcome to attend.
2. August 12, 2017-Chapter Picnic (This is a Tentative Date Only-Final Date To Be Determined) The family of the recipient is welcome to attend.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must agree to release grades from PVAMU to the Dallas Alumni Chapter.
The application packet shall consist of:
1. Completed, signed and dated application.
2. Essay- See requirements in application.
3. Scholarship Funds Disbursement Disclaimer signed by a parent or guardian.
4. Three recommendations forms and/or letters (must be sealed) must be submitted. See the guidelines below.
- One teacher-A recommendation form and/or letter may be submitted.
- One counselor-A recommendation form MUST be submitted
- Other-A recommendation form and/or letter may be submitted
5. Official high school transcript that includes first semester grades of the senior year enclosed in a sealed
6. Signatures required on the grade release form.
Link to Scholarship Application: 2017 Clever Dean Lewis Scholarship Application